Skip to main content

Smokey Rose

Hello Dolls, how are things with you? I have been a little busy in the past weeks, hence my MIA. Well, this has been the longest that I have gone without playing with what I love most...MAKEUP. So here I have for you, my latest smokey eye look; Smokey Rose. I was inspired by the picture below (Burgundy Rose) to create this look. If you are someone who loves roses and their rich rustic burgundy tones you will also want to wear these shades on your lids.

This beautiful picture ( rose ) is from Pinterest.



This look can be worn as both day & night time look. It didn't take long, but proper blending is needed as the shades are a contrast to one another. Do you use tape to create a clean line at the outer corner of your eyes.



Let's begin, before you start applying your makeup....do not forget to prime and moisturize your face. This time a mixed both Nivea Post Shave Balm and Sephora Face Primer and generously applied the mixture on my face using my hands. 

It gave a very nice and smooth finish and the layering of subsequent products was super easy as it adhered well on my skin. Do prep your eyelids and lips at the same time. I used Urban Decay Eye Primer on the lids and Mary Kay Satin Lips Balm on my lips.


After priming the entire face, eyelids and lips, I went ahead and applied NYX Jumbo Eyeliner in the shade Milk all over the lids. My eyelids as you guys may have already known, is pigmented and darker than the rest of my face. A good white base is a must to make the lightest/brightest eye-shadow pop and give a good color payout.


I then applied tape, on both outer corners of my eye as an outline. The first colour/product that I used is Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade Bad to the Bronze on the brow bone. The mild shimmery finish is beautiful and just what I needed to brighten up this rustic look.

Next, was the battle of getting the perfect V at the outer corners of the eye, the key to a beautiful smokey eye. I took the colour in just a little in the crease area. I went in with a light hand as I did not want the pigment transfer to be as bold/dark as the outer corners. I used the shade Forever in Florence from the Vintage Romance Palette.


For the inner corners and other lid areas, I applied Mary Kay Mineral Eyeshadow in the shade Pink. You will want to pack the shadow on your lids as thick as possible to get a good colour payout before you blend them out. 


Add your favorite liner (mine has to be Loreal Black Lacquer) and falsies and your eye look is complete. I used falsies from Daiso, they were nice actually, they are good to be worn for a long event or a stage shows cause they are durable. They help open up your eyes and keep them lively. Inexpensive you get 2 falsies for RM 5.30, so you do the math.  And that my ladies completes the Smokey Rose Eye Look.


Stay tuned, in my next blog post...I will be sharing with you a review on Shye Lashes. Last but not the least, there is going to be a giveaway coming your way. There will be 3 winners for this giveaway. Stay tuned and happy always my loves.


Comments

  1. Hey there Lakshmi! Tamil thaane ninge? Hahaha! So nice to be following you here! You look gorgeous! How good is the NYX contour palette? I have heard very mixed views on it...
    I tried following you on Twitter but can't find your profile... Are you on Bloglovin? It'll be easier to follow you there.
    -Harivain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harivain,
    Thank you for dropping by. Yes, nan tamilachi than. Yen inthe santhaigam? Haha. I am also Penang based, I live over at mainland. The NXY contour palette is an economical alternative for those who wish to sculpt out their face while being on a tiny budget (much like myself). I have mostly used 4 shades from the palette. The highlight with yellow undertone, the red base dark spot corrector, contour shade and other shade which is close to my foundation shade. The highlight is the bomb of the palette. It give a nice yellowish glow that compliments dark skin tone. Not every day we come across shades that compliment tanned skin tone. The dark sport correct is also great to cover up dark under eye circles. I apply them all over my lids too, it evens out the foundation post application. As for the contour shade, the pigment is rich and dark upon application, you can control the color payout by blending it or going in little at a time (layering the product) till you get the desired result. I am loving the palette and the appearance that you get in the photos. No more whitish or greyish look with or without flash. There is here my long rant about this palette. Hope it helps.
    I don’t own a Twitter account. I am not really embarrassed by it but definitely need to have one in the near-future. I have never heard of “bloglovin” too. This is indeed an embarrassment. Thanks to you I now know what that is. Lol with a smack on the forehead.
    I am a fan or yours and am so excited to see this comment. Keep up the great work and perhaps we should meet. Do keep in touch.
    -Laxhme -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nesting

 Dear Readers and Friends, Is time to dust the pages of this blog again. Much needed activity now that things are so much in order in my personal life. Well I have found home in places, I once thought will never be possible again. On top of everything, I have found home in me. Cliché much, well I don't think so....haha. When you take the right amount of rebirths..many many....then you will rediscover you over and over again. Fear has subsided, wholeness has started to take form. I may have started this blog 10 years ago. A younger self who had dreams as wide as the ocean....she never equipped herself to fight the rough tides. She got hit one too many times. Ended up in an island of hope, not knowing that both land waters houses challenges. Determined, she did make the island her fort, her safe space, her sweet spot... Forgetting the ocean for dreams, never thinking of going back to the waters to continue her quest. Her blessed heart, brought her wise words from her fairy-god-mother

Physical Disability is No Disability of the Mind & Will

Real People, Real Stories; Featuring Khairul  Nizam  the founder of Jamumall Sdn. Bhd. I am delighted, honored and also inspired to write about a soul that doesn't know the meaning of the word "GIVING UP" .  We tend to complain mostly about the things or environment that we are not blessed with. We tend to sideline everything good our creator, parents and many of life's teachings that we are generously given. Often, we overuse our power to procrastinate but never really fully utilize the ability to  express our gratitude for the blessings we have and received in life. I personally do procrastinate, complain and constantly debate that life is not treating me kind. I never actually realized, that I am exactly where I am today of my own doings.  If the doings are of any good, I would be able to live my life to the fullest and struggle would me nothing but a stepping stone to greater success to me. Here is an inspiring story of Mr. Khairul Nizam the fou

What is Healing? - Self Acceptance

Happy Day Wishes, Incase you decided to stop by and take glance at my blog....I thank you and welcome you to my post that was crafted during my lunch break. I have been doing a lot of research on healing and living behind past traumas and trying understand how life is going to be after you heal ( that too if you do! ). I have tried multiple ways and carried out several exercises to change my thinking, mindset, speech and how i treat people and situations that I am caught it. One minute I was a saint, the exact next minute I was Hulk - SMASH was the only word running and ruling my mind. All I could do after that is, hurl to my bed, hug my pillow over my face and scream and cry all at the same time. Have you done that ? Well, my mind as become a spacious playground and my thoughts creates chains of thoughts....No not overthinking, healthy thinking! I don't visit problems and device multiple solutions, I take a deep dive into why and how it started in the first place. That made me rea