Skip to main content

Twenty Sixteen : Journals in the Life of A Journal Junkie

I started organizing my thoughts and to-dos  a while back in 2013. Well, that is a far my memory takes me. During my teenage era I had the "Dear Diary " moments just any teenage girl. My mum was working all the way in Saudi Arabia and there has not been a single day in my life during those times that I did not miss my mummy. I used to write her letters on a weekly basis and I would refer to my dear diary to tell her every exciting details about my life like how I got friendly with my best friend and decided that she is the one that I want to share all my life's worth secrets with, how my poem got selected and got published in a school magazine and many more life's experience and teachings.

I was not really a plan your thought kind of a person but I loved all the cute diaries that I have been growing up with. I started planning and drawing up monthly goals, to-do lists, meal plans just as I discovered the benefits of planning on paper as I aged. I must say this, I am such an absent minded person and I now wonder how I led thru my life till the year 2013 where everything about me begun with planning. Before I go into the juicy details of how I plan and what I plan let me give the due credits to the one person who has inspired me to plan my thoughts and to-dos.

She is my best friend and a planning guru Ms.Welma La'anda, You will be surprise how I struggle when I wanted to do my first ever weekly planning. Only then I realized nothing that I intended to do got done cause when I thought about something and another thing/element in relative to that was incomplete. So I broke down my thoughts into several categories, for example; family, home, blog entries, meal & fitness planing. This was so much easy to deal with no doubt the elements that needed to be planned has an incomplete task. I literally did reverse planing, is call beginning with the end-in mind just like it says in Steven Covey's - 7 Habits.



These are my journals for year twenty sixteen. I have 4 in total and out of the 4 I will only be carrying 2 of them with me at all times. 



Planner # 1 - The Creative Journal

This little cutie is from Mr.DIY Alma, was around RM 8.00++ .Gosh I don't remember the price.
This planner epics some of the scene form the novel The Little Prince. I got it because it was both cute and sturdy at the same time. It has really good binding and an elastic green band to whole the pages close. Reasonably light and compact. I added some stickers for the scrapbook look and feel.  




Front and Back View


Monthly Calendar Page

Is a free style planner. You can use them to write down or plan short-term projects what. The months has to be ticked or highlighted  and you can write in the dates based on preference.


Bank pages to doodle or writing down ideas on the go


Blank blue pages like a divider for categories or putting up inspirational quotes & pictures.
I love everything about this planner, you will love it if you like to add decoration and jazz up the looks both internally & externally.For me I am going to keep it like a scarp booking journal, note to self : Do not  overload the planner with random sticky notes and pictures.

Planner # 2 / # 4 - Personal Journal / Work Journal

This is a simple not book like planner that you can carry it with you to work or school. It has monthly calendar pages and simple ruler-ed pages for notes. I bought the exact same planner for both work and personal use. Pink lacy one for personal use and the plain fabric planner  - Planner #3 is for work. They were RM 5.30 each from Diaso Taiping. Din't see them in any of their Penang / Bukit Mertajam Outlets.



 Monthly Planner View


Notes Page


Fabric Diary Planner # 4

Planner # 3 : To-Dos Journal

I have a lot to talk about this planner. It was a gift, stay tuned for more details...........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nesting

 Dear Readers and Friends, Is time to dust the pages of this blog again. Much needed activity now that things are so much in order in my personal life. Well I have found home in places, I once thought will never be possible again. On top of everything, I have found home in me. Cliché much, well I don't think so....haha. When you take the right amount of rebirths..many many....then you will rediscover you over and over again. Fear has subsided, wholeness has started to take form. I may have started this blog 10 years ago. A younger self who had dreams as wide as the ocean....she never equipped herself to fight the rough tides. She got hit one too many times. Ended up in an island of hope, not knowing that both land waters houses challenges. Determined, she did make the island her fort, her safe space, her sweet spot... Forgetting the ocean for dreams, never thinking of going back to the waters to continue her quest. Her blessed heart, brought her wise words from her fairy-god-mother

What is Healing? - Self Acceptance

Happy Day Wishes, Incase you decided to stop by and take glance at my blog....I thank you and welcome you to my post that was crafted during my lunch break. I have been doing a lot of research on healing and living behind past traumas and trying understand how life is going to be after you heal ( that too if you do! ). I have tried multiple ways and carried out several exercises to change my thinking, mindset, speech and how i treat people and situations that I am caught it. One minute I was a saint, the exact next minute I was Hulk - SMASH was the only word running and ruling my mind. All I could do after that is, hurl to my bed, hug my pillow over my face and scream and cry all at the same time. Have you done that ? Well, my mind as become a spacious playground and my thoughts creates chains of thoughts....No not overthinking, healthy thinking! I don't visit problems and device multiple solutions, I take a deep dive into why and how it started in the first place. That made me rea

Physical Disability is No Disability of the Mind & Will

Real People, Real Stories; Featuring Khairul  Nizam  the founder of Jamumall Sdn. Bhd. I am delighted, honored and also inspired to write about a soul that doesn't know the meaning of the word "GIVING UP" .  We tend to complain mostly about the things or environment that we are not blessed with. We tend to sideline everything good our creator, parents and many of life's teachings that we are generously given. Often, we overuse our power to procrastinate but never really fully utilize the ability to  express our gratitude for the blessings we have and received in life. I personally do procrastinate, complain and constantly debate that life is not treating me kind. I never actually realized, that I am exactly where I am today of my own doings.  If the doings are of any good, I would be able to live my life to the fullest and struggle would me nothing but a stepping stone to greater success to me. Here is an inspiring story of Mr. Khairul Nizam the fou