Skip to main content

The Casual Shopper

It is amazing how our mind works when we go on a solo planned window shopping spree and end up with bags and bags of goodies. Yes you heard me right " planned window shopping spree", it was initially a casual window shopping day at the Queen's Bay Mall when my heart skipped a beat looking at the ever majestic "Black and White" teamed you can't get enough store.

It was right across me, silently screaming out my name. What do a solo casual shopper like me do? When the shops you walk by calls you out by name. You stop, savour the economically full purse feeling for just a little while and with no shame and guilt you walk with your head held high in to "Sephora".

That is exactly what I did and the damage was huge. As I began my journey I was greeted with Marc Jacobs line of make-up, Urban Decay,  Dior, Smashbox, NYX and a whole collection of affordable Sephora's line of cosmetics. My eyes were all over the place that I could have died hit by all the make labels on display. I did feel dizzy but definitely  not oozy.

I heard my conscious warnings me; "Buy only what you need" and what I needed was everything there. See how weak I become when I see make-up. The same thing happens to me at our local pharmacies like "Watson" & "Guardian" too. I was at Sephora Paragon just the day before and already had in mind what I actually wanted.

Like a Sephora  Virgin, I picked up the basket and started looking at Sephora line of cosmetics. A friendly voice enlightened me;
"Hi there, looking for something?"
"Yeah, I'm looking for a concealer for my face"
"Sure, let me assist you"
" Miss, shall I try it on your face and it will be better if I can apply some foundation on as well"

Mind voice : Yay, a makeover, is going to be totally worth it and I deserve it!

"Foundation" "Hmm, okay sure"
"Please have a seat miss"
"Thank You"

The little metal basket was filling up like an eye ball filling up with tears. I did not tear, but my mind was about to bring on long list of nasty words to the little heart that wouldn't say no to all the make-up pilling up on both the face and basket…I'm brining on the cliché here is called " Too Faced" but was it more like too thick a make-up to say no more for me.

And this is what I ended up getting : For the daily look


 Let's not be judgemental at this point, this is not a showing off business, I'm just trying out some products to make my face look more cared and human. Lol.

I have never use a one brand products in a long long time for skin care. So I have picked up a moisturiser which says:
"Don’t Act Your Age"



 Basically is an Anti-Aging cream, why do I need them? Well I am 2 years away from hitting the 30' series and I am so in need of the " Age Defy" products.

Quick Review:

  • Is about 50 ml in portion
    • Contains SPF 15, which is definitely not enough, but good enough for someone who does not practice applying sunscreen or any form of sunblock on the body and from that I am blessed with patches of sun kissed marks and pigmentation.
Texture:
  • Smooth, very creamy and fast absorption
  • Bends well onto face and does not leave me with the usual "greyish whitish mask" appearance
  • A little bit goes along way

Packaging :

  • Just like any other jar of moisturiser - minimalist

End results of the 2 days trial :
  • Worth the deal, loving it and leaves my face and palm smooth & supple
  • Skin looks fairer and radiant; no comments from hubby and friends yet

Overall Rating : 
  • My ratings at the moment 5 stars

The Next Star of the Shopping  is a Lip Treatment  by Philosophy

"Kiss Me"



Quick Review:

  • Is almost same size with the Body Shop Lip Balms
No particular fragrance

Texture:
  • Smooth almost butter like texture
  • A little bit goes along way
  • 24 hrs moisture if worn alone, tends to melt away after eating if used with lipstick

Packaging :

  • Compact & Cute

End results of the 2 days trial :
  • Worth the deal, loving it and leaves me with ever kissable lips all day long
  • Lips feel plumper and looks a little pink

Overall Rating : 
  • My ratings at the moment 5 stars

This are the 2 item that I have tried on at the moment. Stay tuned for a full haul and review.



Comments

  1. Definitely giving the sephora moisturiser a try in a couple of day =D found another cream on urban decay... we shd try it if situation permits. its naked skin beauty balm. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should. We can look up the product at Queen's Bay Mall newest Sephora outlet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nesting

 Dear Readers and Friends, Is time to dust the pages of this blog again. Much needed activity now that things are so much in order in my personal life. Well I have found home in places, I once thought will never be possible again. On top of everything, I have found home in me. Cliché much, well I don't think so....haha. When you take the right amount of rebirths..many many....then you will rediscover you over and over again. Fear has subsided, wholeness has started to take form. I may have started this blog 10 years ago. A younger self who had dreams as wide as the ocean....she never equipped herself to fight the rough tides. She got hit one too many times. Ended up in an island of hope, not knowing that both land waters houses challenges. Determined, she did make the island her fort, her safe space, her sweet spot... Forgetting the ocean for dreams, never thinking of going back to the waters to continue her quest. Her blessed heart, brought her wise words from her fairy-god-mother

Physical Disability is No Disability of the Mind & Will

Real People, Real Stories; Featuring Khairul  Nizam  the founder of Jamumall Sdn. Bhd. I am delighted, honored and also inspired to write about a soul that doesn't know the meaning of the word "GIVING UP" .  We tend to complain mostly about the things or environment that we are not blessed with. We tend to sideline everything good our creator, parents and many of life's teachings that we are generously given. Often, we overuse our power to procrastinate but never really fully utilize the ability to  express our gratitude for the blessings we have and received in life. I personally do procrastinate, complain and constantly debate that life is not treating me kind. I never actually realized, that I am exactly where I am today of my own doings.  If the doings are of any good, I would be able to live my life to the fullest and struggle would me nothing but a stepping stone to greater success to me. Here is an inspiring story of Mr. Khairul Nizam the fou

What is Healing? - Self Acceptance

Happy Day Wishes, Incase you decided to stop by and take glance at my blog....I thank you and welcome you to my post that was crafted during my lunch break. I have been doing a lot of research on healing and living behind past traumas and trying understand how life is going to be after you heal ( that too if you do! ). I have tried multiple ways and carried out several exercises to change my thinking, mindset, speech and how i treat people and situations that I am caught it. One minute I was a saint, the exact next minute I was Hulk - SMASH was the only word running and ruling my mind. All I could do after that is, hurl to my bed, hug my pillow over my face and scream and cry all at the same time. Have you done that ? Well, my mind as become a spacious playground and my thoughts creates chains of thoughts....No not overthinking, healthy thinking! I don't visit problems and device multiple solutions, I take a deep dive into why and how it started in the first place. That made me rea